Monday, July 12, 2010

Potty Training: Day 7, 8 & 9

**I promise I will eventually stopped giving daily updates about this subject.**

Day 7: I think it finally clicked! I am going to say that by Day 7 that Cole has completed the daytime portion of this potty training process. We still have lots of work to do for naps and overnight sleeping, but it may be an age thing, individual bladder thing, or something I don't know about yet. We will continue to work towards sleeping without wetting the bed. We are considering pull-ups for this, strictly for sleeping only, but I am nervous because the method we choose to follow is VERY clear not to use them and he is doing so well during the day. I don't want to do anything to mess that up. But I also feel terrible for him waking up every day soaking wet, clothes, blankets and everything. At least with a pull-up, it would just be that.

Accident Report: Zero full spills, 1-3 leaks, but were able to get to the potty.

Outings: Chickfila, Baskin Robins and Zacs house to hang out with friends.

We were out so long that we had our first public restroom experience and Cole was a CHAMP!

Day 8 & 9: We had a busy weekend and Cole kept up just great and because he will use the restroom in public we are back to running all our errands again. We had trips to Lowe's, our first family mission outing at a local apartment complex, and his first trip back to church since we were out of town two weeks ago and potty training last Sunday. I was a nervous wreck for the first time EVER leaving him at preschool at church. It has never bothered me to leave him or him to be left. We both love all those people that work in preschool. But this was the first time he had been out of sight of me or Brent since the potty training had began. I felt horrible about leaving him. What if something happened? He is not great about telling us or anything. haha. After talking to Kasey, the preschool director, I felt better. His teachers were ready. I wrote notes, of course, I left them at home and had to re-write them in the car. So sloppy. But I was so relieved to hear, he was accident FREE and went to the potty for them!!! YAY!! I now, feel like we can return to normal life. I know Cole is glad too. About half way through last week, he was BEGGING for his friends.

No comments: