Okay, I have been posting at the end of the night but our morning has been too good so I have to brag on Cole during his nap time in case the afternoon doesn't go as well. And of course, I am hoping and praying it will, but you know expectations...
Woke up at 7:20ish. Not a fan of that. Usually he plays in his room awhile, but now that we are without diapers that is not an option so I have to spring out of bed immediately. Oh and he was the most wet so far out of this process this morning. We are cutting off liquids at 6. Should we go even earlier? The method we are trying says a big NO to pull-ups. I will stick with that for a whole week or two for sure, but after that I may make some adjustments.
We tried to potty straight out of bed, with no luck. Put of fresh underwear and kept them dry for 3 HOURS!! We even with for a car ride to Target, shopped, and made it home without an accident!! Yes! He loves Icees from Target so as his reward for staying dry, we had Icees. :)
When we got home, we read and watched some TV. He was laying on the couch with me so I had an extra close eye on him. He still isn't telling me with words that often that he needs to go, actually none today at all, but I am proud to say I think I am learning his signals. He is also dripping less like I said yesterday so every time he would ever so lightly drip I told him it was time to go run to the potty.
He would take off, we would read the Ernie Potty Book, so he could be reminded how Ernie stopped playing, watching tv, reading books, etc. and went to the potty. He went every time!!!
This morning, we are accident FREE!!
Now, he is down for his nap. We had a long talk about keeping our underwear clean and dry while sleeping and that there would be a special prize when he woke up if he did so. Sleeping is our biggest accident area as of now. I better get busy thinking of a special prize.
Tuesday, July 06, 2010
Potty Training: Day 4 (morning session)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
How does Cole respond to stickers? We had a sticker chart that we put stickers on, and when the chart was full, there was a toy of choice as a reward...worked great for my kids.
Waking up dry can be a little tricky after a full night, regardless of when you stop liquids.
The biggest thing with potty training is that he has to want this...and you can be sure that there will be accidents after the new baby comes.
Good luck, you guys are doing a great job!
Beth
I love the updates. Keep them coming. Give Cole a hug and kiss from Bebe and tell him that he is a real big boy for going to the big boy potty.
Mom
Post a Comment