Thursday, November 29, 2007

Still waiting on heartbeats from the little one...

We had our 10 day check-up this morning, which we were hoping to hear the first heartbeat. We are still waiting. On our last visit, the doctor pulled out her little wheel (Which if you never have been pregnant you might not know what I am talking about, I sure didn't until I saw it. The wheel is a little object the doctor uses to predict lots of things, such as conception, how far along, and a due date.) and said I was in my 5th week, so it was too early to hear anything but we saw a black dot. Well today, there were changes in her prediction and growth with our baby but it is still too early. Dr. Levin now thinks I am in my 5th week. I know that seems odd, how could she be off, but all women are different and we all are on our own time table with our cycles (at first doctors go by the book standard of 28 days). Mine is longer then most. But the good news is is that there was GROWTH and a yoke sac! So now, I am to go back in another 10 days to hopefully then hear the first heartbeat! I think she is going to make me keep coming back until she hears something which I am thrilled to do so! I am so thankful to have a doctor who cares, finally. She is truly great! I recommend her to any of you who live in the Houston area. She is at Memorial City.

Thanks for your prayers and keep praying. This first trimester is hard and risky for any one. I am taking a particular hormone though to hopefully prevent miscarriage. Pray against that and that I will carry this baby to full-term, happy, and healthy.

I plan to post our first pictures when I get home tonight. Check back later!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the pics of our sweet little niece or nephew! I'm so thankful to God for the little life growing inside you and what He has done in your lives. That little one is going to keep growing and growing and before you know it, we'll have 2 little rugrats running around the Palermo family! I'm so glad to be able to share in this joyful time your life! I love you so much!
Larra

Dena Palermo said...

I'm so excited! 2 grandchildren so close together. God has blessed us so much. I can't wait to babysit! We're praying. I don't know why, but I think this is another little boy. We'll see!
Love,
Mimi

Anonymous said...

leigh and brent,
i cannot tell you how thrilled i am that you two are having a baby. leigh i have known you for a long time and we have had great talks about someday becoming a mom! i am so excited that your time has come and God has blessed the both of you with a child! i can imagine no one that deserves this more than you! i love you and you better keep me updated on how things are going!
Courtney Noah

Beth Rayburn said...

Dear Leigh Ann, You never cease to amaze those around you! In the days ahead, may your mind be filled with wisdom, your heart be filled with God's goodness and your spirit filled with wonder.

Beth

Anonymous said...

I'm ready to see a picture!!

one blonde mom said...

I know...sorry. I want to put the pictures that we have from the doctor up but I can't get a good one with my camera. How did you do it Larra? And yes, I will put a not showing yet shot up so you can watch me grow. :)

-LA