Monday, May 20, 2013

This Friday {May 24th}

Today, my doctor returned from her vacation and I went in to see her for the first time in almost three weeks. I am so glad she is back. I was pretty confident I would not have this baby without her because God clearly placed me with her for a reason.

This Friday {May 24th} at 5am, we will go to the hospital and be induced to meet Lyla Hope. Unless she decides to come before, of course. Based on previous labors, we should be meeting our sweet girl by early afternoon.

I am thankful to have a plan. I prayed last week (and many other times) that we would have a plan and it would be low-stress. I even asked the Lord (not my doctor) for May 24th, because Cole would be finished with school by then and I would not be too overdue. I have also asked and still asking for the same labor experience with Lyla as I had with Cole and Claire (they were basically identical). And for the same result, a healthy, thriving baby to take home and watch grow up.

Ways to Pray:
  • Lyla would stay put until Friday.
  • We would have quality family time this week.
  • For COMPLETE healing for Lyla. That the Lord would do a great miracle in her life and put every piece of her head together as it should be to live and thrive.
  • For Cole and Claire, as this week and weeks to follow will be busy and lots of transition. That they will find rest, have endurance, and be flexible.
  • For us all to be prepared for Friday and Lyla's arrival. That we will find our strength, comfort, and peace in Jesus. That we would rest in Him and be still and know He is God.
Thank you all for walking with us on this journey. We have needed and felt your prayers and support along the way. We will post updates as we have them on Friday.

4 comments:

Mallory Nicole said...

I can't wait to meet Lyla and be able to tell so many about the miracle of our Healer in her life.

cal+claire said...

We are praying for you, your family, and your beautiful baby girl. We know that God has great plans in store for her life.

YiaYiaHowell said...

Leigh Ann,
I just read about your news of Lyla's impending birth. I'm grateful to God for your example of faithfulness. Please know you are in our prayers and that many, many people are praying for you all. Happy Birth-day, Lyla Hope!

Eileen Howell

Elizabeth B. said...

You and your sweet family are weighing so heavily on my heart right now. What a privilege and honor to pray for you.