Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Claire: Two Months

Last Tuesday (4th), Claire turned 2 months old. I can't believe how the time is flying by. She is absolutely precious and growing way too fast! She is loved very much by so many but let me tell you, she has her little brother wrapped around her finger. It is way too cute watching him with her. He truly loves and cares for her. I am excited to watch their relationship bloom as they get older.




(Both photos taken at 2 months and 1 day old)

Two Month Milestones:
-Holds head up fairly steady. Strong neck.

-Wearing size 1 diapers, but I think once we have used all that we have, that we will move up to Size 1-2.

-Wearing 0-3 month clothes still in most brands. Needs to move up to size 3 in Carter's though. That is a NB size in one of the pictures. It is a little snug. haha.

-Always moving, kicking legs, etc. Very active.

-Blue eyes are still there!

-Started cooing and smiling at 7-8 weeks or so.

-Only have tried formula 4-5 times. She is not a fan and throws up volumes afterwards. Talking
to the doctor about other options tomorrow.

-Semi-pacifier user. You have to kinda force it on her and hold it until she takes it, but then she loves it. Just can't make up her mind about that one.

-Cole's nicknames for her right now are "Clair bear" and "Miss Claire."

-Took for out of state trip to Oklahoma for Christmas with Bebe and Papaw.

-Eyes follows lights and sound.

-While in OK, we made our first ER/hospital trip. More on that in another post.

-Baby acne cleared up around 8.5 weeks.

Sleep/Routine:
-Still working on a routine. I need structure and like flexibility. So I am working on having both. I think I have decided to do what I did with Cole and start her day at 7. It seemed to
work well for me with errands and dinner for Cole. Figuring out how to work two schedules is tough but we are getting there.

-Still waking about once a night. The time varies a little based on her last feeding, so I am going to try and be more consistent with that since I know my plan for her start time now. Last night she ate at 10:30pm and slept until 6:15am or so. Super! She is getting there.

-Needs to be swaddled for sleep to help calm those active legs.

-I need to work on letting her cry a bit more. She is so loud I am terrified of her waking her brother, who is sleeping great. What to do...

-Still sleeping in a pack n play in our room. Napping for the most part in her crib.

-The bouncy seat is a life saver for her sleeping with congestion.

Two Month Check-up:
Height: 23.75 inches = 92%
Weight: 12lbs 4oz = 83%
Head: 15.25 inches = 49%

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Sweet girl! Love the pictures and update!

Jess Ray said...

Yay! Love sweet baby Claire!