Monday, August 16, 2010

No More TV Update

Today is Day 6 without TV. Yesterday was the first day the TV was turned on in Cole's presence but it was golf for Brent. The first few days he did ask for it a couple times, but by Saturday, he didn't ask for a show once! Yay! Yesterday and today, he has asked one time, but I think that is the result of seeing it on for a bit yesterday. But we are having progress.

I am seeing him WANTING to play again, whether it is with us or independently, and I am loving it! All we needed was a break from TV for a good few days.

I am so thankfully to have my silly, funny, creative boy back playing actively!

**I didn't mention in the first post how much Cole is like me. The shows he does watch are great. I have watched them with him to make sure. He does learn things from them, but he is a zoner, just like me. They ask him questions or tell him to do something like stand up and jump. He just sits there. I ask him a question. He just sits there in silence. He completely spaces out. I don't think it would be as big of a deal if he were responding in some way, but he is like me when it comes to TV and we both need to limit our TV time. :)**

1 comment:

Cliff said...

Our cable ended yesterday. No more ESPN (or TLC/HGTV).