Thursday, July 17, 2008

We are having a July baby 4 sure!


Hey everyone! Count them with me now, only 4 days until Cole's big debut! I can't believe it! That is so crazy. We went to the doctor this morning for my weekly visit, she said I was 70% effaced and 1cm dilated and then she said, "so, do you want to have your baby next week?" I didn't understand, I was thinking what do you mean??? So after having several questions answered, we decided to induce on Monday the 21st. Then we left her office and were about to get on the elevator and I said, "Oh, that is only like 4 days from now!" Wow. I have been going on Thursdays for my visits but my weeks in pregnancy world start on Tuesdays, so I guess I was thinking I had a week. Nope! Wow. I am still in shock but so excited! Now my parents can be here (they live in Tulsa so it would take awhile since they drive) and I know how much they wanted to be here. Brent's parents can plan to come and with Allen's work planning is important. It is not a drop and go type of thing. So this is great!

She said it would be an all day process, but I am hoping not. We would love to have visitors, but first we just want some time with just us, our parents, and siblings. If all goes well and quickly, then we should be ready for visitors on Tuesday. We will follow-up with you about the process, post pictures, and let you know our room number (through email, since I don't want to disclose that on the WWW).

Also, just for fun...I know you know the date, unless Cole wants to come even earlier, but still put in your guesses for his weight and length! See 2 posts down.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY! I am beyond excited!
My guesses:
7 lb. 9 oz. 21 1/2 inches
Keith and I are so sad we will be in Destin, but will be speeding home to see ya'll!
Love,
Ashley Rodgers

Anonymous said...

Yay yay yay! I can't wait to meet my sweet nephew on Monday! How exciting to know exactly when he'll be here. I'm going to change my weight guess since he'll be a week earlier. I'm going to say 7 lbs 7 oz. I don't remember what I guessed the first time but I think it was closer to 8 lbs. Can't wait! Love you!

Dena Palermo said...

Look who's closest to the due date!!!! I'm getting really excited to meet baby Cole. See you Monday!
Love,
Mimi

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you guys! My guess is 7lbs 10oz and 21 inches

Connie

Anonymous said...

In like 7 hours you're going to be hooked up to some IVs and that baby boy will be on his way! exciting! he better not come before we get there!