Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good. His love endures forever.
I cannot be more thankful for all the prayers for me yesterday. My doctor's appointment went so well and I know it was because of your prayers and that God was with me. I had a friend offer to go with me too and she watched Claire so I could stay focused and it was just good knowing there was someone standing with me at the office.
I was taken back to the exam room very quickly but then had to wait. I was nervous. My doctor finally arrived and the first thing she asked was about my Easter and how it can be difficult to keep the focus on Jesus when there is so much out there about the bunny. I was told she was a believer too but had never asked her directly. I was so thankful our discussion started off this way. It boosted my confidence level.
It finally came time for me to step up and say I had questions. I started explaining my concerns about a breech delivery and the baby not being monitored. She listened well, but I could tell by her facial expressions she was concerned about me. I think she thought I was a little looney or dillusional.
I don't remember all that was said exactly, but it took her awhile to understand me about wanting to be treated like all was well with Lyla. Based on the scans and tests, she said it would take a miracle. EXACTLY. I know that. I tried to reassure her that's what I meant. I know told her I understand what we have been told and seen for ourselves, but we are still praying and hoping that God will heal her completely on this earth. I feel confident we got there together and are on the same page.
She explained a breech delivery further to me and why it is not typically done anymore. It has more to do with legal issues/misconceptions then the ability for it to be good option. She also explained the risks of a c-section to me as well. I definitely told her that was not my preference but also why I was thinking I would do it if necessary.
After discussing it further, we will likely not go the c-section route unless the baby is sideways. That's the only way she can't deliver a baby. The reason being is because she doesn't want to put me at unnecessary risk because of my other children, my body has proven twice before to be able to deliver without the need of a c-section, and she does not know how I would react to the meds needed for a c-section and if Lyla were not healed, then she would not want me to miss out of valuable time with her when recovering from the drugs used.
She also said we can do another ultrasound at 37 weeks and also one when I am in LABOR! So amazing.
She also told me that if God was going to heal her even last minute that she didn't believe He would cause me to have a difficult labor needing a c-section or put the baby at further risk.
I definitely feel at peace with our discussion. I also know this discussion would not have happened the way it did without your prayers and God speaking for me, because I did feel myself wanting to shut down and just say okay and leave, but I didn't. I just kept pushing.
More than grateful!
Here's how you can pray now:
- That Lyla would not be breech. She still has room to flip around. I don't know what position she is in right now.
- That the need for a c-section would not be necessary.
- That no matter the outcome that I would be fully alert and enjoy my time with her after delivery and with my family.
- Wisdom and discernment on whether we should tell Cole and Claire what is going on before the birth or not.

6 comments:
I am sure you have heard of her and Todd and their beautiful story. I have read her blog a bit. She explains a little in this video how they handled talking with their other girls about their baby when she was pregnant. Her also explains more in her blog that she started while pregnant.
Hope it helps. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmJXw5wjTow
Ashley Rodgers
http://angiesmithonline.com/2008/01/the-beginning-of-the-story/
her blog
Ashley Rodgers
I love to see such a great story about faithfulness! We are praying with the expectation that God does great things!
It will all workout as it should. Praying for you and I hope to be at the hospital so I can meet her!
Don't have her early while I am in Kenya! ;)
I just love when God shows up in the moments where we are weakest...what a personal, loving God! Sounds like you are at a better place than previously. I shared your story with a friend yesterday, and we prayed, and my friend talked about how brave you and your family are to follow God in this. Please do not forget you are following a good shepherd.
Thank you for your example of prayerfulness and faithfulness and obedience. Love you and miss you!
Post a Comment