Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Our Abba Father

Yesterday, Cole and I were reading his new book about creation that his teachers at Tallowood gave him. He had lots of "why" questions for me, which was good but also tough to explain some of the more complex concepts.

The illustrations in the book are awesome and detailed, so when we arrived at the part about Adam and Eve in the garden and how they sinned or for him, disobeyed, it showed God crying.

Why? Cole said. Why is he sad?

So I began to explain that we are God's children, He is our father. Just like you (cole) are to obey and listen to your daddy, we are to listen and obey our Heavenly Daddy.

Cole's response (with confused look): My daddy has a red truck.

We will get there. :)

2 comments:

Matt and Larra said...

oh precious boy! how sweet and so innocent. i love moments like this with our kiddos. even when their response is off the wall or not what we expect, (like the fact that daddy has a red truck) the seeds are planted in their little hearts. you could probably ask him about the story a week from now and he could tell you all about it.

Anonymous said...

That is my boy... I like red trucks to!

Great how the tech...allows you to share these precious moments.

I am always impressed with your writting skills.

Papaw Elkins